April, Me, Shay, Jace (Shay's 12 year old son, who kicked our BUTTS!)
I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure--which is: Try to please everybody. ~Herbert Bayard Swope
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Personal Best
I ran a mile today in 11:08. That's my personal best on the treadmill! I nearly had to sprint the last 1/2 mile, at times having to hold on to the dang bar to keep from falling off. The thing is, I ran a 5K on Thanksgiving Day ((it was totally awesome!)). But my time was 33:57, which means I kept a 10:56 mile pace. IMPOSSIBLE! How could I have done that? It was very cold, and I really wanted to be done, but I didn't sprint the whole thing. I guess adrenaline probably had something to do with it. Running the 5K was one of my goals by 30, and I did with 6 months to spare! Don't you want to see a picture?? Of course you do. Don't mind my sweat marks. I'm a serious sweater even when it's 40 degrees out!
Labels:
Accomplishments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is SOOOO amazing that you could even do that. I hope to be able to one day.
ReplyDelete