Monday, December 6, 2010

Starting now...

I woke up this morning tired, fat and completely unmotivated to get out of bed. I finally convinced myself to roll and I mean roll out of bed so that I can squeeze in a workout before heading off to work. Several years ago I tore my ACL and quickly fell out of shape, I am barely able to run 15 min then I rush to get to work. I work with my cousin Julia behind a desk the entire day. Jumping online one of the first things I see is a certain celebrity paying 40,000 dollars a year to stay hot!! Shocked and slightly disgusted that someone is able to spend that much on beauty treatments I thought "Wow - if only I had the ability to have enough money to make every imperfection I have disappear. How amazing would it be to be able to not have to be at work 8 hours a day and to have personal trainers, personal chefs', and more important time to get myself looking hot!"

Why do we pressure ourselves to look like people that have every advantage over us?

I don't want to be super model thin, let's face it, I can't be super model thin, but I can be in shape and satisfied with who I am. Regardless of the countless air brushed magazines telling me who I should be. Julia and I thought of this blog to show ourselves that we are who we are and the sooner you accept that the better. But that doesn't mean that we can't strive to be better in certain areas of our lives. One area that both of us struggle with is our weight, doesn't change the type of person we are, but for me I would feel far more confident shedding a few pounds.

We cannot wait for life to happen, we have to get up and make life happen. That is why Julia and I are starting now... slowly but surely we strive to find our own perfection in ourselves and maybe discover more about ourselves then we even knew.

1 comment:

  1. I love this: "...our weight, doesn't change the type of person we are..." No matter what you look like, you are still the AMAZING Kami I met 3 1/2 years ago! I am so proud of your guys motivation!

    "We cannot wait for life to happen, we have to get up and make life happen." Good luck! Can't wait to see you at Christmas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete