Monday, December 6, 2010

Jean shopping...

... is HAZARDOUS to one's mental health! After seeing my "before" picture and nearly gagging, I decided I need to invest in some new jeans. So first off, I skip my step class to go to the mall so I'm already felling guilty. Then I go to a trendy type store, grab 2 sizes- the size I'm currently wearing and the next size up just cause the one's I'm wearing are old and stretched. I try them on and I can't even get the bigger size over my thighs. THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD. Young girls are going to walk into that store and need jeans 3 sizes bigger than what they really should need, shattering their self confidence in the process. Then I go to a department store and find an awesome pair but notice the price tag at a whopping $155!! My dear sweet husband told me that if I lose those 23 pounds, he will personally buy me those $155 jeans. Isn't that sweet?  I called him a lunitic and kept walking.  I found a pair at another department store, in a NORMAL size and then topped off the evening with some Dairy Queen. Probably not the best start to this journey, but oh well.

1 comment:

  1. $155 on jeans WOW!! But now you have a goal to get into - hang them up on the wall. It'll be great. Each day is a new day start now!!

    ReplyDelete